Though diminutive, the aduki bean (also known as the red mung bean) packs one powerful punch for its size. Used for centuries in the cuisines of various cultures in East Asia, its nutritional properties include the ability to control manage diabetes as well having large amounts of protein and antioxidants. In fact, this bean is recommended over the kidney bean when given to athletes.
With our Vitaclay slow cooker, you’ll be harnessing all of awesome nutrients that these beans have to offer in this combination aduki squash soup recipe.
- 1 cup of aduki beans
- 12” strip of kombu seaweed, chopped
- 8 cups of water
- 2 cups of buttercup or butternut squash, cubed
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 sliced green onions
We hope you enjoyed the awesome benefits of this recipe courtesy of your Vitaclay slow cooker. While we’re at it, do look forward to other great recipes made especially for your slow cooker. We hope that you continue choosing Vitaclay for your cooking and nutritional needs.
- Peal and cut squash into cubes (or into desired shape). Set aside
- Put the beans, kombu, and water in the VitaClay slow cooker and bring them up to a boil
- After boil, put in squash. Cook for 1-2 hours or until squash is tender enough to dissolve
- Pour soup into serving bowl(s) and season with sea salt and green onions.