This 3-Ingredient Mexican Shredded Chicken recipe is full of great flavor, easy to make in the Instant Pot or Crock-Pot, and perfect for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, salads and more!
There are countless ways you could serve this Mexican shredded chicken recipe. Even better yet, stretch your dollar bill and cook twice to make bone broth with the leftover!
- tacos (these Mexican chicken tacos below are topped with Pico de Gallo, so easy!)
- burritos (or burrito bowls)
- huevos rancheros
- A whole free-range organic chicken or boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 3 cups salsa*, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- 1 packet McCormick Original Taco Seasoning
- Add water, chicken, salsa and taco seasoning to your VitaClay pot, and toss briefly to combine. Cover and set to cook for 2 hours until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, then give the chicken a good toss with the remaining juices.