This chicken recipe can be served over rice or pasta, To ad in some kick to this, sprinkle with green onions/chives/cilantro and ground black pepper if desired. Add a curry blend or a dash of turmeric to give it an Indian flavor!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 small potatoes, quartered
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup whole milk or heavy cream
- ½ T your favorite spice blend
- ½ T sea salt (or celery salt)
- 1 green onion, chives or cilantro, chopped (optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
- Brown chicken breasts over medium heat on both sides in a skillet.
- Pour broth and cream/milk into personal slow cooker
- Load carrots, mushrooms, red/yellow onions, celery & potatoes into pot; add the chicken
- Add spices and salt
- Cover, and cook for 30 - 60 minutes
You can also substitute cream of mushroom, cream of celery or cream of chicken soup for cream, broth, spices,salt.