Who knew that apple butter would be such a great addition to everything? Try this with your Vitaclay and let us know if this recipe gives butter, mayonnaise, and peanut butter a run for their money!
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 T honey
- ½ T ground cinnamon
- ⅛ t ground cloves
- ⅛ t ground nutmeg
- ⅛ cup apple cider
- 1 lb apples, peeled and cut into chunks (~5 medium apples--a mix between sweet and tart varieties is great)
- Add all of the ingredients into the personal slow cooker. Cover and cook for 1-2 hours, or until apples are very tender.
- For very smooth apple butter, spoon into a sieve and push it through, discarding pulp.
- To retain more fiber, use a hand immersion or other blender to blend ingredients together.
- Return to slow cooker pot and cook another 30-60 minutes. Jar and refrigerate.
- Eat it with everything.