When people first purchase one of the oval models of the VitaClay Multi-Cooker, they often have questions about how to set the delay timer on their machine.
(The delay start feature is only available on the oval models, both 6 cups, and 8 cups)
The instructions in the booklet may be a little bit confusing for some, so we would like to spell it out here again to help alleviate any frustration.
Some reasons you may want to set the delay timer:
- You may want to prep all of the food and have it cooked fresh and ready when you return from work or another outing
- You may want to have it cooking while you do housework or another project in another area of the house, but you want it ready later and don’t want to remember to come back in to start it.
- You may want to prepare breakfast the night before and have it ready when you wake up in the morning.
Some models vary, so there may be a slight difference in the naming of the buttons or other features, but they are all pretty much the same. Here’s how to set the delay timer on your elliptical VitaClay machine:
- First be sure the clock in the default screen is correct: set the time by holding down the “hour” button until it beeps, then scrolling through with the hour and minute buttons until the clock time is correct. Wait until you hear another beep and the right time should be the default display.
- Place all of your ingredients into the clay pot.
- Seal it up and close it, then set your cooking method and time as usual.
- After setting the cooking time and before it beeps, press the button that says either “delay” or “pre-set cook.” The screen will blink with 1:00. Use the hour and minute buttons to program the start time onto the machine (example: 6:00 am).
- Wait, and it will beep. The screen will then continue to show the start cook time. It will begin cooking at that time and will cook for the prescribed cook time you have set.
Now you’re ready to have meals ready whenever you are!