I LOVE the show “This is Us.” Such a great show--I watch it every week, and like the rest of America I am devastated about the house fire shown in the most recent episode, along with the dire results of that fire.
In last week’s episode we see that the house fire, which has been alluded to in the past but the details only now revealed, was the result of an electrical short in the Pearson’s trusty slow cooker. This has some people worried that their own slow cookers might start an equally devastating house fire. Is it really possible?
First of all, slow cookers are electrical devices, and as such have wires and connections that break down over time. Since the Pearsons received said slow cooker 15 years prior to the fire, and they received it second-hand from a neighbor who had used it and then had it sitting in his garage for years--it’s safe to say that this slow cooker was probably a good 30 years old.
That said, it is important to update electronic appliances periodically, because the older they are, the more likely they are to become a fire hazard. Even old houses have to be re-wired after awhile to prevent fires--it’s just the way electronics are.
How old is your slow cooker? If it’s time to update it, consider VitaClay. VitaClay is not only a slow cooker, the inner clay pot produces the BEST results: no soggy, mushy food with VitaClay! It cooks faster and preserves the nutrients, flavors and textures of food like no other material. Plus, VitaClay cookers also make rice, yogurt and so many other dishes!
VitaClay is a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, a yogurt maker and so much more--all in one!
Update your slow cooker with VitaClay--the only cooker with an organic, unglazed clay pot that is completely free of any heavy metals, chemicals or other toxins. Go green, update your slow cooker and make your life easier with VitaClay today!