This meal is so tasty that meat l overs would still find it amazing. It is easy to prepare and is abundant with healthy nutrients and a taste like no other.
- 2cups clean water
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 16 oz red beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes and un-drained
- 16 oz of non salt added tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz of frozen vegetarian meat crumbles (it is not an actual meat but a soy derivative)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 -2 tablespoons chili powder
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all the above ingredients except for optional ones in a VitaClay slow cooker.
- Using a lid cover and cook 1-2 hours. Make sure they are thoroughly heated.
- When ready serve with sour cream and cheddar cheese if desired.
Yield: 6 servings