A great stew for a chilly fall evening. It's very easy to forget that this is a vegan recipe. It’s creamy, mild and full of tender fall vegetables. We love the mix of ginger, garlic, and curried coconut milk which brings it all together. Leftovers make a great lunch for the following day.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 ½ garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can tomatoes diced with juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 oz bag of baby spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add the olive oil, onion, salt, potatoes, veggie broth, chickpeas, bell pepper, cauliflower, tomatoes with juice, curry, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, cayenne and black pepper to you VitaClay Rice N' Slow Cooker. Stir to combine.
- Note: The liquid should com half way up the sides of your clay pot, add more veggie broth if needed.
- Cover and cook on the "stew" setting for 2 hours.
- Stir in the spinach and coconut milk. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning