When you’re stocking up on the foods to prepare this fall, vegetarian slow cooker recipes can be hard to come by- nearly all the slow cooker recipes have beef in them!
What do you do if you’re 100% vegetarian? Start eating beef? We wouldn't think so. Buckle up because we have a recipe idea to meet your vegetarian need, needless to say, in a VitaClay slow cooker th at cooks within 2 hours. Serves 4 hungry mouths.
- medium red onion chopped
- chopped bell pepper
- a table spoonful of chili powder
- 2 spoons unsweetened
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato (8 ounces)-peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- sliced scallions, sliced radishes, sour cream, and tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine the bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, onion, cumin, cinnamon, cocoa, 1 teaspoon salt, and the ¼ teaspoon black pepper in your VitaClay slow cooker.
- In the above mixture, add tomatoes, sweet potato, beans, and 1 cup water.
- Cover the slow cooker and set the time to 2 hours. The slow cooker will cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened deliciously.
- Serve the chili with the scallions, radishes, sour cream, and tortilla chips.