Adapted for VitaClay from Weight Watchers.
Suitable for all Vitaclay Models.
Image Courtesy of The Homesick Texan.
Every variation of the ever-popular chili is different, and it can be so customizable, so it never gets old. Chili is warm, filling and hearty--great for those chilly days leading up to winter.
This white chicken chili is unique because it not only uses chicken, but it’s white, so it’s a really unexpected combination of ingredients that is delicious and satisfying.
This may become one of your family's favorite fall/winter meals! Make a big batch in VitaClayand portion it out through the week for work, school and home meals.
- 1 15.5oz can navy beans, undrained
- 1 lb chicken (I like to use a combo of white and dark meat)
- 2 c chopped poblano chile
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 T finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 t chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- ¼ t real salt
- 2 ½ c broth
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- ¾ c sour cream (optional)
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Mash ¼ cup of navy beans with a fork or blend in a blender
- Add all ingredients except ¾ cups of broth, flour and the garnish ingredients to VitaClay
- Whisk the remaining ¾ cups of broth with the flour to form a slurry, then stir into the other ingredients in the pot.
- Cover and cook on “slow” or “soup” until the chicken is done and the mixture is slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- Using forks, shred the chicken (remove it, shred and return it to the cooker if necessary)
- Divide the chili among 6 bowls; top with the sour cream, cilantro, and black pepper, if desired.
PER SERVING: (serving size 1 ½ cups) Calories 224; Fat 2.8g (sat 0.5g, mono 0.6g, poly 0.5g) Protein 25g; Carb 23g; Fiber 5g; Sugars 3g; Chol 55mg; Iron 2mg; Sodium 627mg; Calc 50mg.
SMARTPOINTS VALUE PER SERVING: 4