I love this beef goulash recipe, because it's basically just a revised version of our yummy beef stew.
It really isn't much different, as far as ingredients, prep and cooking time, but the flavor of the sauce is quite different, especially if sour cream is added into the sauce at the end.
The tomato base gives it an extra special flavor, so if you and your family love beef stew but get tired of having it very often, this is a great way to mix it up a little and keep your routine intact!
Ingredients for Beef Goulash in Clay:
- 2 lb stew beef, cut into 2 " pieces
- 2 small red or white onions
- 1clove crushed garlic
- 2 red bell peppers,* seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tomato paste
- 2 paprika (sweet)
- 1 cup broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- sour cream or plain greek yogurt (optional)
- chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Directions for Beef Goulash in Clay:
- Add all ingredients except sour cream/yogurt and garnish into the clay pot
- Stir to combine
- Close and cook on "fast" setting for 2-3 hours
- If using sour cream or yogurt, stir it into hot goulash just before serving for a creamier sauce
- Add more salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle chopped parsley or cilantro to garnish
- serve over pasta, rice, veggies or other grain