Suitable for VitaClay models: VF7700, VM7900
I love chicken, but sometimes I get tired of the same old thing. I need new, exciting flavors to mix it up a bit. And it never hurts to make it easy, right? That’s why I love this recipe that I can do right in the clay pot with VitaClay—I just throw all of the ingredients in and out comes a delicious, fully-cooked meal! It tastes… Mediterranean, Italian, exotic, without using any exotic ingredients. It a great new flavor for an old stand-by, so mix it up and find a new, easy dinner favorite!
And clean up is a breeze in VitaClay! It's all cooked in one pot, and the "unstick" surface (without any non-stick chemicals or coatings) keeps things from sticking to the clay. Let us know what you think of this new twist on an old stand-by for dinner!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 or 9 oz) pkg frozen artichokes
- 1 c broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 c sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 c dry white wine or broth
- 3 tbsp quick cooking tapioca
- 2-3 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 c cooked couscous, pasta or rice
- Rinse chicken & set aside
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, frozen artichoke hearts, onion, olives, and wine/broth to clay pot
- Stir in tapioca, curry powder, thyme, salt, & pepper.
- Add chicken, mixing in with the sauce
- Close up the cooker and set to “stew” for 1 hour
- Serve over couscous, pasta or rice
Fish could also be substituted in for the chicken in this recipe, but depending on the type of fish you would want to add it in towards the end of the cooking cycle instead of the beginning (within the last 30 minutes or so).