Cassoulet is a traditional French meal that is nutritious, filling and simple. When you have VitaClay, there is no need to be intimidated when making this type of traditional ethnic dish. Simply add the ingredients to VitaClay and go! Dinner will be ready in no time!
Cassoulet can be made vegetarian or with meat. And with VitaClay, there are truly only a few short minutes of prep time. VitaClay becomes your personal chef and will have dinner ready when you are--fresh, delicious aromas will greet you when you arrive home from work or school, and you will feel pampered and well-nourished.
Ingredients for French Cassoulet:
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3-4 large carrots, chopped and peeled
- 3-4 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2-3 diced tomatoes
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 cups soaked and cooked great northern beans (or other beans of choice)
- 6-8 c mushroom or bone broth
- 4 sausages (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- full sprigs of fresh parsley, thyme, rosemary and savory
Directions for French Cassoulet:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrots, stirring, until tender.
- Combine veggie mix, beans, broth, and bay leaf in VitaClay cooker.
- Cover the ingredients with water
- Tie together the parsley, thyme, rosemary, and savory - add them into the pot.
- Cover, seal and cook on "soup" for 1 hour.
- Remove the herbs and bay leaf and serve your hot with crusty garlic bread
- Garnish with a bit of parsley or sour cream, if desired.