Free up your oven any season of the year by preparing your Green Bean Casserole in your Vitaclay slow cooker/rice cooker. This also makes for a great cook-ahead meal so that you don’t having to spend all day in the kitchen preparing your holiday meal. Therefore you’ll be spending more time with your friends and family this year. We’ve gone ahead and spiced up our recipe up a bit by adding Cajun seasonings and some colorful veggies.
- 2 pounds of fresh green beans cut into one inch pieces
- 1 cup french fried onions
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Place the green beans, half the bacon, celery, onion, bell pepper, soup, milk, and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning into your VitaClay slow cooker. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and cook on the "soup" setting for 1 hour until the green beans are tender.
- Move green bean mixture into a serving dish and sprinkle on the French fried onions, the remainder of the bacon and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. You can place in a 350F oven for about 10-15 minutes to lightly brown the top.
You can also make this dish a day ahead without adding the toppings. On the day you want to serve; preheat oven to 350F and add ht toppings to your casserole. Place in the over for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Yields about 10-12 1/2 cup servings Please contact us with any questions or comments, we would love to hear from you.