Do you want a new twist with your favorite Lasagna? This recipe is just right for you! You can enjoy this mouth- watering recipe loaded with garden-fresh vegetables good for the health!
1. Sprinkle salt on sliced eggplant and let it sit for 30 minutes ⠀
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic, next ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and oregano. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Add marinara pasta sauce and stir to combine. ⠀
3. Sauté green pepper and red pepper with olive oil in a saucepan until peppers become soft. Remove from pan. Add sliced mushrooms and oil. Sauté until mushrooms are soft, about 7 minutes. ⠀
4. In a large bowl add ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan, egg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well, until evenly combined. ⠀
5. Spoon half of the marinara sauce on the bottom of your clay pot and spread an even layer. Lay 4 eggplant slices then mushroom slices by all of the ricotta mixtures. Layer on another 4 slices of eggplant then pepper slices on top followed and finish with the remaining marinara sauce. (Add Lasagna noodle, optional). Top with the mozzarella and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. ⠀
6. Set on stew to cook for 30 minutes or until the lasagna is hot and bubbly. ⠀
7. (Optional) bake for an additional 15 minutes so that the cheese on top becomes a delicious golden brown. After removing from the oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs and let sit for 10 minutes. ⠀
Comments will be approved before showing up.