Chicken Vesuvio is one of those recipes that sounds kind of exotic (read: intimidating) but when you see how to actually make it looks like something you'd just put together from whatever you've got in the fridge that day.
Don't let that fool you into thinking it's a boring meal, however.
Something about the vinegar, parsley, and spices gives it just the right tangy kick.
I think you and your family are going to love it. Be sure to bookmark this page so you can come back next time it's requested at your house!
Ingredients for Clay Pot Chicken Vesuvio
- About 2 lb chicken, cubed (I like to mix white and dark meat)
- 1 lb small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c flour or other thickener (such as tapioca starch or arrowroot powder)
- ¼ c lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 c peas
- ¼ c broth
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t no salt spice mix (I like this one)
- 1 t sea salt (or to taste)
- black pepper, to taste
- ¼ c parsley, chopped
Directions for Clay Pot Chicken Vesuvio
- Blend the lemon juice, starch, vinegar, spices and salt into a thin paste
- Layer all other ingredients except peas and parsley into the VitaClaycooker (chicken first, then potatoes and veggies), then pour starch mixture over it
- Cover and cook on "fast" setting for 1-2 hours
- Stir in peas and allow to sit covered on warm for about 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve