Feel good, well balanced meal - beer braised duck (you may braise chicken instead, your choice!) with antiaging side dish-millets, job tear (good for guts and beautifying skins), Lotus seeds (good for the heart), and euryale seed (for kidney) in bone broth, plus leafy green veggies.
Bear braised chicken Recipe courtesy of food Network, we converted it to cook in VitaClay.
1/4 pound slab or thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 whole duck, cut in 4-8 pcs (optional)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
All-purpose flour, for dredging
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 (12-ounce) bottle beer (preferably brown ale)
1 cup pearl onions, thawed
1/2 pound small red-skinned new potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
4 sprigs fresh thyme
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
2. Season the duck or chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
3. (Optional) Add the olive oil to the drippings in the pot. Add the chicken in batches and cook over medium-high heat until golden on the bottom, 6 to 7 minutes, then flip and sear the other side, about 1 minute. Transfer to your vitaclay pot.
4. Add the beer, onions, potatoes, mustard, sugar, thyme and 1 cup water to the pot and stir, making sure the duck or chicken is fully submerged.
5. Set on stew to cook for 2 hours or on Fast to cook for 1 hour.
6. Discard the thyme and stir in the bacon and parsley.
Add any side dish as you wish, leafy greens are always preferable, plus a whole grains.
Note, if you like to have Chinese Braised Duck flavor, you may add beer instead of other liquid.
Comments will be approved before showing up.