It's Wednesday. That day of the week when the weekend is just as far behind as it is ahead. It may be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel today, and dinner is just one more thing that has to be done before you are finished for the day.
So I'd like to introduce Hump-Day One Pot Meals! Every Wednesday we'll put together an easy one-pot meal that is made even easier with VitaClay--and guaranteed to taste amazing. With only one pot--you just throw all of the ingredients in, push a button, and serve! And only one pot to clean at the end!
- 1 lb sausage
- 3 c rice
- 1-2 chopped apples
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- other veggies you'd like to add (corn, cabbage, peas)
- 1/2 cup cranberries or raisins (optional)
- 1 T dried parsley flakes
- 1 t turbinado or coconut sugar
- 1/2 t allspice
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 t black pepper
- 5 cups broth
- 1 t turmeric powder (optional--but I add it to everything because it's awesome)
- Add all ingredients into the clay pot.
- Seal up the pot, set to "rice" setting and go for a walk.
- Serves 5-6.
Obviously this can be customized with whatever ingredients you have on hand, or some ingredients added in or replaced for others. Another option is to stir in some toasted walnuts at the end: giving it a crunchy, nutty twist that adds an extra punch of nutrition. We'd love to hear about your favorite one pot meals as well!