Lasagna is amazing.
Easy lasagna that you don't have to make in an oven and that cooks itself even if you're not home is even more amazing.
Black bean lasagna that cooks itself when you aren't even home and doesn't heat up the house? That's perfection.
The only thing you need to remember with this recipe is to keep things moist in the VitaClay pot while it's cooking.
That means that there should be liquid on the bottom and mixed throughout, though it doesn't have to be soupy: just as long as there is some liquid.
- 2 lb cooked black beans (soaked, cooked and drained)
- 8 oz lasagna noodles (no-cook, or boil them in advance)
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ t black pepper
- 1 T oregano leaves, dried
- 1 cup of water
- 2 t salt
- ¼ t garlic powder
- 1 t turmeric (because I add It to everything)
- Shredded cheese to melt on top
- Layer lasagna ingredients into clay pot, beginning with tomato sauce
- Layer all ingredients until they are used up
- Close VitaClay pot, seal and cook on “stew” setting for 30 minutes
- Open and add a generous amount of shredded cheese
- Cover and allow to sit 5 minutes to melt
- If you want a crust, you can put the clay pot (uncovered) in the oven on 400 degrees for 10 minutes