During the Holiday season I never have enough room in my oven for all that I want to cook. Sometimes you just wish you had an oven the size of a room! So I came up with this lovely Gingerbread Pudding Cake that can be made in your slow cooker/rice cooker. However, it does need a little stove top preparation but it does free up the over for other yummy dishes. Nothing says the holidays like the smell of gingerbread!
- Nonstick spray
- 1 package of gingerbread mix
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- Lightly coat the inside of your 8 cup VitaClay pot with your cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the gingerbread mix and milk, mix until moist.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer gently for 2 minutes. Poor mixture over the batter a mix a few times. Do not completely combine.
- Move the mixture to your VitaClay cooker and cover. Cook on the rice setting for about 40 minutes.
- Unplug the cooker and let stand uncovered for 45 minutes to cool and set.
- Spoon warm bread pudding into dessert dishes and serve with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.
Yields about 6-8 servings