Recipe and Image Courtesy of “Vegetarian Times” converted into VitaClay version
The flavor-packed cauliflower pieces are great served on toothpicks as an appetizer. The harissa is both spicy and sweet, while salty peanut pieces and a nice crunch to the vegan hors d’oeuvre.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 large head cauliflower, stem removed, cut into bite-sized pieces (6 cups)
Cooking oil for frying
3 Tbs. paprika
1 ¼ tsp. Caraway seeds
1 ¼ tsp. Ground coriander
¾ tsp. Ground cumin
8 Tbs. vegan cooking oil, such as Earth Balance
3 Tbs. agave nectar
1 cup chopped, salted peanuts
- Load cauliflower in VitaClay cooker (VM7900).
- Add a cup of water and set on “Stew” cooking for 15-20 minutes or until halfway cooked.
- Whisk together flour, pinch of salt, and ¾ cup water in medium bowl. Add halfway cooked cauliflower, and toss until florets are coated with mixture. Transfer to colander to let excess flour mixture drip off.
- Heat 2 inches cooking oil in a saucepan over medium heat until oil gets hot.
- Grind paprika, chili flakes, caraway, coriander, and cumin in spice grinder or coffee grinder, and transfer to saucepan. Add oil and agave nectar and heat until warm.
- Stir fry halfway cooked cauliflower pieces in hot oil 2 to 4 minutes, or until they start to brown. Transfer to bowl with slotted spoon, and toss with butter-and-spice mixture. Add peanuts, and toss again.