What comes to your mind when the word cooked salsa comes to your mind? Probably you see it as an all-star meal meant for TV dinners, etc. Do you know that you can prepare even more delicious slow cooked salsa with your slow cooker?
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Core tomatoes. Cut a small slit in two tomatoes; insert a garlic clove into each slit. Place tomatoes and onions into your VitaClay slow cooker.
- Cut stems off jalapenos; remove seeds if a milder salsa is your desire.
- Place jalapenos in the slower cooker.
- Cover and cook for 30-60 minutes until vegetables are softened. Some may brown slightly; let them cool.
- In a blender, combine the tomato mixture, cilantro and salt if desired; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate left over’s.
Yield is about 2 cups - remember to wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers as the oils can burn skin and avoid touching your face.