Ever wish you could make “fast food” at home?
Sometimes you just need a meal that is quick, easy, delicious, and that you can feel good about feeding to your family.
We all have days that we don't want to cook. We're too tired, or we have too much going on, or we just need something to feed everyone right now. For this reason, I like to have a few things on hand in the freezer and fridge that I can just throw together at the last minute.
When everybody's hungry and it's already dinnertime, I can just make something up in 20 minutes or less.
One of the things I like to have on hand is sausage.
If I have sausage in the fridge and a few veggies on hand, I can throw together a quick, delicious meal without too much thought.
This quick and easy recipe is just that kind of night: when you don't have time to think, much less think about what to cook for dinner.
Ingredients for Quick and Easy "Fast Food" One Pot Meal in Clay:
· 1 lb your favorite sausages (any kind will do-as long as everyone loves them!)
· 3 cups tomato soup (or use 2 c broth with 1 cup spaghetti sauce)
· 6 potatoes, diced
· 3 red onions, sliced
· 1 bell pepper, sliced
· salt and pepper, to taste
Directions for Quick and Easy "Fast Food" One Pot Meal in Clay:
1. Add everything to the clay pot and stir
2. Cook on "fast" setting for about 30 minutes
3. Serve over rice or other grain, or with sourdough bread