The sound of a lamb dish always arouses interest in many people including me. That is why I want to share with you a healthy and nutritious dish recipe that will lift your lamb dish experience to a whole new level with your VitaClay slow cooker.
- black pepper
- sea salt
- ½ leg of lamb
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, pealed
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 3 - 4 stalks fresh rosemary
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/ 4 cup of water or broth
- 1- 2 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon flat parsley to be used for garnishing
- Start by placing the half leg of the lamb with fat side up on a chopping board.
- With a knife score the fat on top in a crosshatch form.
- Then season the lamb all over with sea salt and the cracked black pepper.
- Take the rosemary from the stalk and add to food processor with the lemon zest and the garlic cloves and process until mixed thoroughly, then drizzle in your olive oil.
- Spread the paste all over the lamb while making sure the paste gets in the places you scored with the knife.
- Place the lamb in the slow cooker and pour over ¼ cup of liquid either water or broth and squeeze over the zested lemon juice.
- Cook on low heat for 2 hours and when ready move to the chopping board and let it rest for about ten minutes then you can slice or shred.
- To prepare sweet potato noodles, cut each in thirds and use a spiraliser or julienne peeler to create noodle strands.
- Once done add the butter into the skillet and place on medium heat. When melted add your noodles and season with salt and pepper. Toss and cook until soft.
- You can now serve with some sliced slow cooked leg of lamb on top and garnish with some flat leaf parsley on top.