Mixing Mung beans and barley tastes great, adding yam for sweet or broth for savory. It has been my regular detox routine. It helps ease my nerves, reduce inflammation plus feel more balanced.
More of benefits are:
- Antifungal and antimicrobial activity: These include some against the Helicobacter pylori bacteria that causes stomach ulcers.
- Mung beans are also a good source of B vitamins that are necessary for a range of bodily functions and help maintain the brain’s health.
- Mung beans may help lower blood glucose levels, reduce hypertension and inflammation, lower blood pressure.
- Mung bean mung beans are nutritionally balanced with Antioxidants Vitexin and Isovitexin that May Prevent Heat Stroke.
- Barley has Insoluble and Soluble Fiber Content that Improves Digestion. Reduce Heart Disease Risk. May Prevent Gallstones and Reduce Your Risk of Gallbladder Surgery.
We all know the benefits of yams! Here is the link to read more:https://foodrevolution.org/bl…/sweet-potato-health-benefits/
- 1 cup mix of mung beans and barley
- 2 cups yams, peeled and cubed
- 4-6 cups water or broth (if you use broth, you may take off yam off the ingredient list)
- Add all in your VitaClay pot. Close the covers.
- Set on soup or slow to cook for 2 hours or stew for 1.5 hours.