Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond from Food Network
Converted to VitaClay
This recipe is best made with our premium Smart Organic Multi-cooker -
1. Cut the tops off the peppers. Remove and discard the stems, then finely chop the tops; set aside. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane as you can. Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the lumps, until the meat is cooked through and just beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and chopped peppers and cook until beginning to soften 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and a pinch or 2 of red pepper flakes. Cook until everything is heated through, then stir in the beef and rice. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
4. Fill the peppers with the rice mixture.
5. Add 1/2 cup water in your Clay pot. Place the stuffed bell peppers in VitaClay. Close lid and cover. Set on "stew" to cook for 20 minutes.
6. At the end of cooking, or until the peppers are soft, open your cooker covers, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Then close the cover to let the cheese melt.
Comments will be approved before showing up.