- 2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 black Kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed with a chef’s knife
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemaryhttps://vitaclaychef.myshopify.com/admin/articles
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil (for garnish)
- Place potatoes and onions in VitaClayTM Pot.
- Toss with a good olive oil.
- Add olives, pine nuts, garlic and rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in vermouth.
- Cover and set on Slow Cooking -Stew to cook for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves and serve.
Potatoes are an excellent source of carbohydrates, the body’s best energy source.
There are two types of carbohydrates:
- simple carbohydrates found in refined sugar, candy bars and most refined products to provide a quick burst of energy quickly as well as deplete energy quickly
- and complex carbohydrates (as in potatoes) release their energy slowly, keep the blood sugar level steadier and longer, the body’s best source of energy on a long term basis.
Potatoes are high in fiber aiding the digestive system and they absorb water, which makes one feel satisfied and less hungry. Potatoes are fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free and saturated fat free. They are high in Vitamin C and potassium and are a great source of Vitamin B6 and dietary fiber.