The easiest way to prepare enchiladas is not one that keeps you waiting for at least 6 hours to have a taste for it. You can have enchiladas in 2.5 hours inclusive of preparation time.
Want to try this? With a VitaClay clay slow cooker, you can enjoy your meal after school and still go to bed early. Get your ingredients right and let your slow cooker be your chef.
10-Step Directions for Enchiladas
- Use a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Crumble the turkey into the skillet and stir into it onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook and stir until turkey is browned about 5-7 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and let it boil.
- Cover the mixture in the skillet and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Transfer ingredients to your VitaClay slow cooker.
- Line the bottom of your VitaClay slow cooker with about ¾ cup of the turkey mixture, 1 tortilla and ½ cup of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat the process until all ingredients in your skillet are used up and complete with a cheese layer.
- Set the timer on your VitaClay cooker for 2 hours.
Serve hot. Enjoy this great and simple enchiladas recipe with your family. Do you have a VitaClay slow cooker
just yet? We help you get one for your family!