Apple crumble is for most novice cooks hard to get right the first, second, or even third time around. Fortunately, you the intrepid Vitaclay chef aren't the first - nor will you be the last - to successfully tackle this wonderful dessert. When I was first trying it, I thought my outcome would be something liquid but ended up impressing myself. That is why I want you to have the same experience. Total prep and cook time will be a little over 2 hours.
- ½ cup brown sugar ( firmly packed)
- 4 -5 cooking apples ( peeled and properly sliced)
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup flour ( leave out for wheat free version)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 T butter( softened )
- Start by lightly buttering the VitaClay slow cooker crock pot.
- When done lay the apple slices at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Combine the sugar, rolled oats, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon and cut in the butter.
- Sprinkle all the toppings over the base of the apples and cook on low heat for about 3 – 5 hours.
- Serve when ready.